Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance Inc.
Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance Inc.
Our AGM was held on Tuesday, 26th. February and it was great to welcome new Committee members Belinda and Madeleine. There is still room for more people to lend their expertise and opinions to our ‘elite’ group. Our next meeting is to finalise the Program in early June after the closing of entries and you’d be most welcome to join us then. The highlights of some decisions made at the AGM are listed below. If you have an opinion on any of these, please contact Sheila (9705-0206) or Garry (0433 933 679) for details – or become part of the Committee!!
- Competitor Entry Fees Increase – but it’s a good thing!. The Committee has made a decision to increase competitor entry fees fairly significantly for 2019 to not only cover the previously-advised copyright increases, but also to allow for free entry for patrons into the theatre. From the Committee’s point of view, this will relieve us of the need to fill a volunteer position at the desk and also remove the need to create, collate and distribute Competitor and Teacher Passes! Note, however, that the theatre door will still be monitored and entry/exit will only be allowed between competitors/sections.
- Programs ($10.00) and “Casey Comps” Pens ($2.50) will be available at the check-in desk (Note: no EFTPOS!).
- Dates for 2019 will be October 12/13, 19/20, 26/27 and November 2/3.
- Adjudicators Lydia Cagney Morris (12/13 and 26/27 October), Jason Teasdale (19/20 October and 2/3 November) and Freya List (Scholarship). Adjudicator biographies can be found on the “About Us & Our Comps” tab. Hit the tab, then scroll down.
- Entries for 2019 with ‘Stardom’ will open on Monday, 6th. May and will remain open until all available time is allocated. After closing, NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Payment is considered a condition of entry and attempts at entry remaining unpaid will be deleted. There is no ‘late code’ in ‘Stardom’ for our event.
- There will be no Saturday morning sessions in 2019. Competition on Saturdays will commence with the afternoon session at 1.30 pm. Hence, the available time once entries open will be reduced.
- Additional Section for our Under 6 ‘Babies’ Our previous Section 004 for Under 6 Competitors has been divided into Section 004 – Jazz/Musical Comedy and Section 004A – Neo-Classical/Contemporary/Lyrical.
- Hip-Hop Dancers!! An Any Age Hip-Hop Section (Novice or Open) has been added to the Schedule. Sections 089-N and 089-O, reserving the right to combine Novice/Open if insufficient entries are received.
- Competition Rules: These can be found within the ‘2019 Entry Information’ document above right, or separately under the “About Us & Our Comps” tab.
- Troupe School helpers – Each School entering Troupes will be asked to provide a suitable volunteer to fill a position on our helpers roster for at least one session.
- Championship Competitor helpers – An adult (18+) representative from each entrant in Championship sections will be required to fill a position on our helpers roster for at least one session prior to the Championship section taking place and failure to assist us in this way may lead to forfeit of the Championship entry.
- Changing event to August in 2020?? We have been concerned about the level of absenteeism and lack of Troupe entries for our event in recent years and think this may be partly due to the event being conducted in October – too close to Concerts, School Exams and other end-year commitments. We are investigating potential venues within the City of Casey in an effort to move earlier in the year. If you have an opinion on this, please contact us – or get on the Committee.
- Canteen Expressions of interest are now invited from Dance School Parent Clubs who would like to manage our 2019 Canteen as a fund-raiser. Contact Garry.
With grateful thanks to Renee Tarzia of “Treasured Timelines” (0414 833 948), go to “Gallery” for photos of our Championship Winners and a selection of photos from our trophy presentation.
2018 Scholarship Winner: Congratulations to Catharina Ballintyne from Ambitions Performance Dancers who won our $500.00 Scholarship section on the final night of our 2018 event.
Thanks so much to all our sponsors, competitors, teachers, parents and volunteer helpers. A full list of section placings and special award winners is now on the 2018 Results link on the top right hand side.
If you let the opportunity slip by at the time, photographs of your children’s performances are still available through the “Treasured Timelines” website. The general passcode after clicking on the Dandenong Eisteddfod logo is: Casey18
2019 Entry Information
Note that this document is for information only. Entry must be made through ‘Stardom’ online from 6th. May. Remember to enter using ‘Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance’.
Results 2013 and earlier