Our AGM and initial planning for 2020 was held on 25th. February. Decisions made at our November, 2019 plenary meeting were endorsed, but additionally we decided upon the following……
- Dates for 2020 October 10/11, 17/18, 24/25, 31 and November 1. Age blocking as in previous years may be impacted upon by the holding of a Troupe Weekend (see below). More details later.
- Entries for 2020 will open at 9.00 am. on Friday, 1st. May and will close at 5.00 pm. on Friday, 22nd. May – or earlier if all 96 hours of competition has been allocated. Entries will only be allowed through ‘Stardom’ and NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- Entry Fees for 2020 Regular Solos: $16.00. Duos/Trios: $7.50 per Competitor Entertainment Item: $11.00. Championships: $25.00 Troupes: $35.00 per Troupe. ‘Stardom’ Administration Fee: $10.00
- Troupes Weekend We are approaching participating schools (and others) to register interest in having a dedicated Troupes Weekend on October 10/11. This will impact upon our age-blocking and timing for Championship qualifying, but this strategy seems to have become popular with other comps, enabling more efficient planning for dance schools. We are prepared to give this a “go”. Additional change space may be available at Cranbourne with access to the adjacent gym.
- Dates Change to another time of year This was not able to be facilitated with a congested schedule of regular bookings at Cranbourne Community Theatre, which is still our preferred venue.
- Adjudicators Following up some names and to be advised. Hopefully Adjudicators will be known by the time entries are open.