The following arrangements (decided in 2020) will need to be confirmed by the Committee at our AGM early in March, 2021.
- Dates for 2021 October 9/10, 16/17, 23/24, 30/31. Age blocking as in previous years may be impacted upon by the holding of a Troupe Weekend (see below). More details later.
- Entries for 2021 Anticipated to open early in May, 2021.
- Entry Fees for 2021 Regular Solos: $16.00. Duos/Trios: $7.50 per Competitor Entertainment Item: $11.00. Championships: $25.00 Troupes: $40.00 per Troupe. ‘Stardom’ Administration Fee: $10.00
- Registration Fee Allowing free admission to the theatre was well received in 2019 and the Committee would like to continue with this. Committee will be considering a troupe member and regular entry registration fee to assist in redressing the financial loss incurred in 2019 due to the free entry.
- Troupes Weekend We will be trialling a dedicated Troupes Weekend on October 9/10. This will impact upon our age-blocking and timing for Championship qualifying, but this strategy seems to have become popular with other comps, enabling more efficient planning for dance schools. We are prepared to give this a “go”. Additional change space may be available at Cranbourne with access to the adjacent gym.
- Troupe Age Groupings To assist our participating dance schools, a decision has been made to align our troupe age groupings and styles with those offered by other local Phoenix and Southern competitions. The Committee reserves the right to combine any sections or styles due to insufficient entries.
- Dates Change to another time of year We continue to investigate commencing one week earlier to avoid running into the Melbourne Cup Weekend..
- Adjudicators Those organised for 2020 have been asked about their availability for 2021. Adjudicators will be confirmed closer to the event.