The following arrangements (decided in 2020) have been confirmed at the AGM in 2021.
- Dates for 2021 October 9/10, 16/17, 23/24, 30/31. Age blocking as in previous years may be impacted upon by the holding of a Troupe Weekend (see below). More details later.
- Entries for 2021 Opening May 3rd.
- Entry Fees for 2021 Regular Solos: $16.00. Duos/Trios: $7.50 per Competitor Entertainment Item: $11.00. Championships: $30.00 Troupes: $40.00 per Troupe. ‘Stardom’ Administration Fee: $10.00
- Troupes Weekend We will be trialling a dedicated Troupes Weekend on October 9/10. This will impact upon our age-blocking and timing for Championship qualifying, but this strategy seems to have become popular with other comps, enabling more efficient planning for dance schools. We are prepared to give this a “go”. Additional change space may be available at Cranbourne with access to the adjacent gym.
- Troupe Age Groupings To assist our participating dance schools, a decision has been made to align our troupe age groupings and styles with those offered by other local Phoenix and Southern competitions. The Committee reserves the right to combine any sections or styles due to insufficient entries.
- Dates Change to another time of year We continue to investigate commencing one week earlier to avoid running into the Melbourne Cup Weekend, but have discovered one week earlier may overlap with senior sections of South Street Comps in Ballarat and this would disadvantage our participants.