Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance Inc.
Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance Inc.
Click the link. Results up to the end of 23rd. October.
Also – with one weekend still to go – the current standings of the Dandenong Festival of Music and Art for Youth Scholarship. Note that Scholarship standings will alter during the final weekend and it would be wise to check here or with us at the venue during next weekend. Remember, it is expected that each competitor invited to participate will repeat the item which gained them the points and the position. Performance order will be drawn at random prior to the section being held on Sunday, 30th. October in the evening session.
Weekend No. 3 is now complete! We look forward to again having Mr. Robert Mulholland (Saturday) and Mr. Peter Wallace (Sunday) next weekend to complete our Competition.
In the wrap-up after so many troupes across last weekend – especially Sunday – some on the Committee came up with an idea for a new rule: “Teachers who design costumes or accessories involving feathers – especially boas – are required to stay after competition at the end of the night to assist in the removal of feathers from change areas and passageways.” What do you think?
**The voluntary Committee of “Casey Comps” has most of the necessary jobs covered, but we would be most grateful if people might offer to supervise the entry door – even for a session. We are happy to offer an “in kind” reward to allow this person free entry to any session they need for watching a child/friend. Minding the door is the best job as you get to watch the competitors “up close”. Perhaps a Day Pass in exchange for doing the door for a session? Please make yourself known to the Committee as the Check-In table.
Congratulations to all winners, but especially those of our Junior Championships – Bianca Weller (Classical Ballet), Maya Shenoy (Tap) and Amber Szczygielski (Jazz/Modern). Next weekend Louise Chapman is back and we commence our Over 12 sections. We also start building up the “League Ladder” for those qualifying to be invited into our $500.00 Scholarship section on the final night.
- Admission prices have remained the same from 2015: $6.00 Adult, $5.00 Concession with Day and Season Passes available. Programs purchased at the venue for $10.00. Please note that EFTPOS is not available for admission or program sales. Tracey has EFTPOS facilities for dance shop sales.
- The Brunt Street entrance to the Cranbourne Community Theatre is best for parking/access.
- Props access (large ones) should be organised between/before sessions. Ask foyer staff about this. There is a roller door directly into the set bay from outside, but it is cumbersome and noisy and its use can only occur between sessions. Owners of props are asked to clear these from the set bay as soon as is practicable after the completion of the section in which they have been used.
- There will be an opportunity for those attending to contribute toward a donation to the National Breast Cancer Network through a collection tin in the foyer. The Committee will also be making a large donation to this worthy cause from the proceeds of the Comp. (Last year: $2,000)
- Competitors using iPads, MP Players, Phones for the playing of their music should be aware that these need to be played from the bio box by a representative of the competitor. Our Audio helper cannot take responsibility for finding, cuing and playing of individual tracks on such devices. CDs are still the preferred method of providing us with the music for an item.
- Note that all operating this Comp are volunteers doing their best to help you have an enjoyable experience.
All participating are reminded that the Annual Cranbourne GP Run is being held this year on Saturday, 22nd. October and will affect some of the roadways in and around Cranbourne. Road closures and detours may lead to delays in arriving at the competition venue for the morning/early afternoon. Please be aware that we must adhere to our rules regarding checking in and late arrivals for that morning. The “run” commences at 10.00 am. and so road closures might be expected from approx. 8.00 am. For further information, please go to the GP Run website:
2016 Entry Information for Reference - Entries closed!
(For reference and includes Rules. Entries MUST be made through “Stardom” – www.stardom.com.au – between May 23 and June 24. Early and late entries will not be accepted.)