Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance Inc.
Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance Inc.
We’ve had our AGM and planning meeting for the 2017 event – our 35th.!!
- Entries open on Stardom on Monday, 22nd. May and will close on Friday, 23rd. June or after all 96 hours of competition have been allocated. Absolutely no early or late entries will be accepted, nor any changes to split sections as they are based on age of the competitor.
- New copyright licensing impacting upon all Australian Eisteddfods has led us to increase entry fees by $1.00 per performance this year. A further increase by the copyrighters will be absorbed without increasing our fees for 2018, but we’ll have to add another $1.00 in 2019. Note that admission prices and other costs will remain as in 2016 for this year.
- Lyrical, Neo-Classical and Contemporary-Under 12 For younger competitors we’ll have an Under 12 Lyrical section and age grouped Neo-Classical/Contemporary sections as in 2016.
- Lyrical, Neo-Classical and Contemporary-Over 12 For the age groupings Over 12, we are now offering separate sections in Lyrical, Neo-Classical and Contemporary. However – due to time constraints – competitors may only enter any two of the three. Stardom will be programmed to prevent entering all three. *****Teachers/Competitors should be aware that dancers entering the wrong style of dance (e.g. a Contemporary in the Neo Section) in the opinion of the Adjudicator or the Committee will be penalised.
- Change in age order across the Eisteddfod Concerned about absenteeism of older competitors due to VCE/Senior exams in our final weekend/s, the Committee has decided to reverse the order of competition for 2017. We will commence on the weekend of 14/15 October with our older age groupings and progress to the younger competitors by the final weekend. The Entertainment and Scholarship sections will remain on the final night.
- Modern Championship Due to the need to involve Lyrical, dances to be performed in the Modern Championship are to be (i) a Modern Jazz or Musical Comedy, and (ii) a Neo-Classical, Contemporary or Lyrical. Qualifying rule remains the same.
- Sponsorship/Advertising Garry would love to hear from schools/individuals wishing to sponsor the prizes for any of our sections or to have an advertisement placed in the program. Rates elsewhere on this site.
- Volunteer helpers, please! We have a need in 2017 for volunteers to take on one or two tasks for each session of our Comp. We will be making a special appeal to the larger dance schools to provide us with helpers once the Running Sheet is out. Some jobs have to be done by Committee members, but door-keeping and checking in can be done with a minimum of ‘induction’ and would be of great help. Jill is offering a ‘thank-you’ drink or snack from the canteen for anyone who can help us for a session (at least) and we’ll let you in for free the rest of the time!
- Breast Cancer Network Appeal – Thanks to all who participated, or placed donations into the tin near the entry table. We are proud to announce that we’ve donated $2,184 to the Breast Cancer Network, Australia in 2016.
Dates for 2017: Cranbourne Secondary College – Cranbourne Community Theatre, Brunt Street, Cranbourne. October 14/15, 21/22, 28/29 and November 4/5.
Digital Photography/DVDs: In 2016 “stagelit studios” (formerly On Spot Events) provided both still digital photography and DVD recordings of performers and performances. We are most grateful to them for assisting in this way. If you missed out on getting an order form for these items, Google “Stagelit” and you should be able to get the information you need.
Adjudicators for 2017: We are very pleased to advise that Ann-Marie Brazier will be adjudicating on weekends 1 (14/15 Oct.) and 3 (28/29 Oct.). Brooke McDowell (nee Lowery), who judged our Scholarship in 2016 has been invited back to adjudicate on weekends 2 (21/22 Oct.) and 4 (4/5 Nov.). Tania Attard-O’Dwyer has kindly agreed to be our Scholarship Adjudicator this year and has kindly accepted our offer to judge a full allocation (two weekends) in 2018. Welcome back, Anne-Marie & Brooke, and welcome to Tania.
Dandenong Festival of Music and Art for Youth $500.00 Scholarship: Congratulations to our 2016 winner – Missy Krilic from Independent Dance Studios.