Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance Inc.
Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance Inc.
Click on the link below for the Running Sheet. The list of competitors in Divided Sections – all 8 pages of them (!) – is also available below. Competitors are listed in alphabetical order according to their given names. Note that sections have been divided based on age and so changes from one “half” to another for the sake of convenience cannot be considered.
Errors discovered in the Running Sheet and others notified up to and including Friday, 21st. August have been rectified (e.g. Novice/Open upgrades, double entries). The program has been sent to the printers and no more changes can be made. Pre-paid programs will be sent out soon, hopefully by the first week in September.
- Cancelled/Revised Sections Some sections were not well supported and need to be revised or cancelled to enable us to accommodate the increased entries for other sections and expansion of Lyrical sections.
Cancelled: Improvisations, Own Choreographies.
Revised: Song & Soft Shoe, Song & Tap Solos are now Under 10, 10 and Under 14, 14 and Over (Novice or Open).
National Solos are now to be Under 12 and Over 12 (Novice or Open).
National Troupes are now to be Under 12 and Over 12.
- Lyrical Sections The popularity of the single section in 2014 necessitates expansion of this style into our regular program. Teachers/Competitors are advised that the Committee considers this style to be Jazz based. Adjudicators perceiving this style being presented as a ‘Neo’ or a ‘Contemporary’ will be supported in judging the competitor accordingly.
Lyrical Solos: 10 and Under 12 Years, 12 and Under 14 Years, 14 and Under 16 Years, 16 Years and Over (Novice or Open)
Lyrical Troupes: Under 12 Years and Open
- Friday Nights Not favoured, but necessary in 2014 as Stardom/GENI allowed entry time to go over. If roster or additional volunteers can be organised, this may be all right, e.g. if doing a job on Friday night, should not be rostered on for Saturday mornings.
- Volunteers Larger schools should be asked to provide helpers. One person per session needed, or half session if more available. Schools with 6 or more soloists. 3+ troupes? 24 people required if Friday nights are not used. Some tasks reserved for Committee. To be assessed after entries completed and schools with largest amount to be approached. On website and Stardom/GENI that each larger school to provide a helper. Roster to be organised.
- ‘Family’ Change Room Following up on issue raised by a Parent. Girls change room off Green Room to be allocated for this purpose in the first two weekends when younger students are performing. To be labelled ‘by request only’ – see people at desk.
- Championship Qualifying – A reminder that Competitors must enter, present and perform in Open Solo Sections to qualify in their own age group.
- ‘Most Outstanding’ Awards will be given to performers 12 years and Over.
- Checking In Must be completed (including submission of Music) prior to the commencement of the section in which they are competing. This includes submission of the competitors’ music. Rules statement in this regard has been revised.
- Notification of Major Events (GP Run) This event impacts upon travel and parking to our event. Saturday, 17th. October, 2015. To be mentioned on the website and the program. Those travelling to “Casey Comps” through Cranbourne must allow additional time or use an alternative route. GP Run cannot be used as an excuse for late check-in.
- Program Pick-Up from the Venue to be removed as an option from Stardom/GENI. This is an administrative burden for the Committee and not all (paid) Programs were collected in 2014.
- Stardom Admin Fees These have changed, with a recommendation from Stardom/GENI to pass increases directly onto competitors. Now a low “base” fee and additional for each section entered. As we’d increased fees in 2014, Committee decided to absorb the new structure of fees.
- Adjudicators Sue Lowery (Weekends 1 & 3) andLouise Bell (Weekends 2 & 4).
- Classical/Theatrical Aggregates For the purposes of our Aggregates – “Classical” to include: Classical, Neo/Contemp, Character, National. “Theatrical” to include: Lyrical Jazz, Song & Soft Shoe/Tap, Jazz, Tap.
- Annual General Meeting to be held 26 March, 2015. Entries due to open as soon as Garry can get revised entry information to Stardom/GENI, but closing on July 17th., 2015.
- Time Limit on Entries Stardom/GENI to be configured to switch off when available time for competition is reached. All advised to enter readily when entries open and not wait until the last day (as occurred in 2014).
Dates for 2015: October 10/11, 17/18, 24/25, October 31 and November 1 at Cranbourne Secondary College – Cranbourne Community Theatre, Brunt Street, Cranbourne. There is no opportunity to commence a week earlier due to Theatre bookings and the intended date of the 2015 AFL Grand Final. As in 2014, we may have to add Friday evening sessions, but – WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS WE CANNOT EXTEND TO 5 WEEKENDS!!!
Parking/Access Park in the surrounding streets – Brunt Street has ample parking. Anyone parking in the grounds of the self-defence gym across the road is risking being locked in.
Age Groupings All our solo, duo/trio section age groups, including Championships, Own Choreography and Improvisations, will remain in line for 2015. Championships, for example, will continue to be Under 12 and Over 12. Scholarship eligibility for the highest scoring solos will be for competitors 12 years and over (that is, those in the 12 and Under 14 sections and older).
Competitors’ Passes: In 2015 we will print off Passes from records within the GENI system. Competitors will be given a pass card upon their first arrival at our Comp. If you wish, you can purchase a card holder and lanyard for $3.00 at the desk. Note that a Competitors’ Pass does not entitle you to a seat during larger troupe sections when the venue is likely to fill. Those paying for admission will be given priority.
Digital Photography/DVDs: In 2015 “stagelit studios” (formerly On Spot Events) will be providing both still digital photography and DVD recordings of performers and performances. We are most grateful to them for assisting in this way. Please make note of whatever arrangements are to be made directly with them regarding orders.
Adudicators: Sue Lowery and Louise Bell for 2015. Scholarship Adjudicator TBA
Dandenong Festival of Music and Art for Youth $500.00 Scholarship: Congratulations to our 2014 winner – Laura Whitehouse from Ambitions Dancers.
2015 Entry Information-For Reference Only
Entries are now closed as our allocated time has been taken up!
2015 Entry Information (Hard Copy now for reference only, includes Rules)
Results 2013 and earlier