Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance Inc.
Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance Inc.
Entries through Stardom – www.stardom.com.au Note: Enter under “Dandenong Eisteddfod of Dance” (not “Casey Comps”). Please read “Entry Information“ under “Downloads” before entering.
- Entries open: Monday, May 23rd. from 9.00 am. Entries close: Friday, 24th. June (midnight) or when all 96 hours of competition (4 weekends) have been allocated. “Stardom” to cut off access to the entry process in either event.
- Entries for 2016 through “Stardom”. Payment will be required to complete entry.
- Age groupings for National, Song & Dance/Song & Tap Solo sections changed from 2015 to avoid overlap in age aggregate calculations – Under 12, 12 and Under 14, 14 and Over.
- No National Troupes owing lack of entries for this category in 2015.
- Problem of Lyrical dances being performed in Neo/Contemp. Section. When this is clearly detected the Adjudicator will be asked not to place the competitor.
- Though income was down in 2015, all Competitor entry fees and Admission charges will remain the same as in 2015. All sectional and Championship monetary prizes – increased in 2014 – will remain the same as in 2015.
- Breast Cancer Appeal – collection tin raised approx. $230.00 and this was combined with a donation from the Eisteddfod account of $2,000. Acknowledgement received from the Breast Cancer Network, Australia.
- Proposal to change the timing of our event in 2017 to May, or second week of another Term holiday break. Considered worthy of investigating availability of venue.
- Program finalisation Meeting to be held on 10th. July.
Dates for 2016: October 8/9, 15/16, 22/23, 29/30 at Cranbourne Secondary College – Cranbourne Community Theatre, Brunt Street, Cranbourne.
Parking/Access Park in the surrounding streets – Brunt Street has ample parking. Anyone parking in the grounds of the self-defence gym across the road is risking being locked in.
Age Groupings All our solo, duo/trio section age groups, including Championships, will remain in line for 2016. Championships, for example, will continue to be Under 12 and Over 12. Scholarship eligibility for the highest scoring solos will be for competitors 12 years and over (that is, those in the 12 and Under 14 sections and older).
Competitors’ Passes: In 2016 we will print off Passes from records within the Stardom system. Competitors will be given a pass card upon their first arrival at our Comp. If you wish, you can purchase a card holder and lanyard for $3.00 at the desk. Note that a Competitors’ Pass does not entitle you to a seat during larger troupe sections when the venue is likely to fill. Those paying for admission will be given priority.
Digital Photography/DVDs: In 2016 “stagelit studios” (formerly On Spot Events) is providing both still digital photography and DVD recordings of performers and performances. We are most grateful to them for assisting in this way. Please make note of whatever arrangements are to be made directly with them regarding orders.
Adudicators: Louise Chapman confirmed for weekends 1 & 3. Peter Wallace for weekends 2 & 4. Scholarship Adjudicator still to be advised.
Dandenong Festival of Music and Art for Youth $500.00 Scholarship: Congratulations to our 2015 winner – Lili Forsyth from Jane Moore Academy of Ballet.
2016 Entry Information-Read this first!!
(For reference and includes Rules. Entries MUST be made through “Stardom” – www.stardom.com.au – between May 23 and June 24. Early and late entries will not be accepted.)
2016 Running Sheet and Divided Sections-to follow
Results 2013 and earlier